At Anglicare we take matters of Domestic violence very seriously. If you are unsure if you are in a DV relationship or would like help navigating your way out of a toxic relationship, please contact Anglicare Counselling on 1300 651 728 to book an appointment.
Here are some signs that will help you understand Domestic Violence. Does your partner or their partner:
- Control your access to money – that’s financial abuse
- Criticise or force you to act against your beliefs and culture, or misuse scripture to punish or control you – that’s spiritual abuse
- Control who you can see and when, cut you off from friends and family – that’s social isolation
- Constantly belittle or blame you – that’s verbal and emotional abuse
- Threaten to harm you, your children or your pets – that’s psychological abuse
- Physically harm or injure you – hit, punch or choke you – that’s physical abuse
- Force you to do sexual acts without consent – that’s sexual abuse
- Use technology to stalk, harass or embarrass you – that’s technology-facilitated abuse.
Help is available. If you are experiencing domestic abuse or know someone who is, it is not your fault. You are not to blame. Support is available.
Please speak to someone who can help you:
If you want to support someone in your church community who is experiencing domestic abuse, or a family member or a friend:
I want to take responsibility for my use of abuse: